Friday, June 17, 2011

It's that time again!

Hello!
Welcome back to the Fiber Festival Friday where I share the fun of the NH Sheep and Wool Festival with folks all over the all over.  I'm enjoying this so much, I think I'm going to do it every year.

Anyway, on to the winners.

For the faded blues Mocha's Fiber Designs, we have GailGodwin who said:
My favorite color is the copper penny. But would love any of the colors that you have. I can't beleive all of the beautiful yarn.

For the Lilipad colorway, we have FelicityS who said:
I know EXACTLY what you mean about the lilypad colorway!! I love blue/green combinations with a passion but all the colors in nature are wonderful. Thank you for the opportunity to win something so lovely.

Congratulations!

Now, for the Tanis Fiber Arts Skein in Mallard, we have Mujercita who said:
My favorite color family is definitely blues- there is no contest there! I love a nice pretty blue! Throw in some purple or green with it, and I'm thrilled (that Arauncania skein you have up there? I have that colorway in my stash!) The Tannis fiber arts skein is BEAUTIFUL!

For the Araucania blues and purples, we have LynnIL from the previous post who said they love Sanguine Gryffon as their favorite independent dyer.

And for the Copper Penny we have GreyOwl who said:
 Blues, blues, and more blues! My favorite and a color that looks good on everyone! But I have to say that the copper penny would look lovely on my oldest daughter

Now on to this week's giveaway!

This week, one of each of these beauties:
will be going home with a lucky commenter.

These are from the ball and skein booth, and I had a REALLY hard time choosing.  Never mind getting in the booth itself... these folks have been very popular every time I've gone.

The top one is a fingering weight MCN blend in colorway Cinder.  It's a gorgeous combination of greys, and in a fingering weight with a nice tight twist to it.  It should wear well.

The bottom one is what appears to be roughly 600 yards of heavy lace weight.  The yarn is not on their site, it's named Nerissa and it's in colorway orchid.  This is a 60% seacell, 40% silk combination.  I LOVE knitting with seacell/silk.  I knit it every chance I get, and every person I've given an object made out of this blend falls in love with it too.  I wish more dyers offered it!

Also, there are these from Owl Brook Alpacas Farm
it's ~ 300 yards of alpaca/silk blend in a worsted weight.  Gorgeous red!  It's hard to capture with the camera.  To enter for one of these 3 different prizes, just leave a comment telling me which fiber fair you like to go to (or would like to go to if you haven't had the fun yet) and a way to contact you.  Winners will be announced on June 24.

And finally, for fun, I'm putting the names of the folks who haven't won yet back in the hat to get one of these three beauties each from independent dyers:












Happy Knitting!!

5 comments:

  1. I like yarn. I don't really care which one I get...because I like yarn. However, I am not a "pink" person, nor do I really like laceweight so maybe not the pink laceweight one...but, if it's lovely yarn, then I don't really care. I do have some pink in my stash (lovely sock yarn from Kiparoo Famrs in Middletown, MD) and I do have some laceweight from various places.

    What can I say? I have a problem.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to Rhinebeck... or MSW... or Black Sheep... or Estes... There are just so many to choose from! I think I'll just put them all on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to a fiber fair. I don't think they have them in Alabama or in the south.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rhinebeck is only like 2 and a half hrs away from me and ive never gone...it looks like so much fun to me! and omg..i received the package in the mail yesterday and im floored!..every item is so beautiful..and the project bag..it rocks!!.. its by far the nicest most generous thing ive ever received! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to go to SAFF in Asheville. It is not too far away but it will have to wait until my kids are older. I will go one day though.
    When the kids are out of the house I may just make a round of it and try to hit every one. Wouldn't that be awesome!!

    Girlieknitwit on Rav

    ReplyDelete