|I love texture|
|it almost matches the lilacs!|
The buttons are from JHB, and they are imitation pua shell in pretty neutrals with a little bit of blue.
As to the craziness: This was knit for a petite woman of about 5 ft 2. I had to change the way the increase and decrease rows were knit. So, to make sure they matched, I knit the 2 fronts and the back at the same time so that the increases were in the same place on all pieces. Then, because I needed to make the sleeves for someone who doesn't have orangutan arms, I knit the 2 sleeves at the same time. The big trick is to have a really long needle to do both of the fronts, and a separate ball of yarn for each thing that's cast on. So, the fronts & back were knit on 2 needles, as though I was doing 2 at a time socks or something. The sleeves were also knit on the same 60 inch needle so that I knew that they were knit at the same increase/decrease rate and that they were definitely the same length.
The pattern called for 8 skeins of yarn, I used about 6.5 total. I have some left-overs and I'm not sure where they'll go.
We did go to the wool and fiber festival this weekend and as soon as I find my smaller cable I will pull the pictures and do a full post about it. I was hoping to get this up on Sunday, but ended up working on Sunday plus late hours the last 2 days....
But shortly, you will hear the story of this handsome beast :
and I will be giving away some yarn as well.