Thursday, July 21, 2011

So, there I was...

Just minding my own business.

No, let me back up a bit.  I broke my arm in December, and it healed up nicely.  With that came some unfortunate weather-wise aches and problems with my tendons. So, since Sunday night I haven't really been knitting.  I haven't really been able to use the hand because the tendons swelled up... and it put off the blog posts. 

I don't have any knitting progress since the tendons decided they needed attention, but I'm back to typing and I can show you what I got done last week at least.

So, this is where the big russet blob is:
And this is where the giant peach blob is:
I'm actually through 8 repeats of the center on this, and working up to edging...  I really enjoy this pattern, and want to try it in a tencel lace-weight next.

For fun, there's this blob:
It's a combination of 2 laceweight yarns, and it's in kid-mohair, alpaca and wool.  I may even get around to blocking it if I can stop petting it.

And last but not least, I';ve been test driving some possible patterns for quickie-gifts:
Aug 17 is coming quick!

I hope your knitting is treating you well & you're not melting in the heat.

1 comment:

  1. What pretty lace blobs! ;)

    The tendon pain is awful, but good for you for resting them. Better to rest them for awhile now, than do permanent damage that will bother you later!

    ReplyDelete