Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thank you Kitten!

The second wonderful thing I need to say thank you for is a package I received from Kitten-With-A-Whiplash.  It was sent with things to make baby items.  Kitten discovered that I don't have a whole lot of little kid patterns, and so sent me a box of fun stuff to enable me to make baby items that have a chance of fitting an actual human baby!

Let's start here:
Can you believe how much yarn he managed to fit in that box??  It's like opening Fibber McGee's Closet!  More yarn than I though possible popped out at me, and it just kept coming and coming.  But this is only part of what Kitten managed to fit in there. 

Here's everything all together:


In an amazing display of generosity and non-euclidean geometry, Kitten-With-A-Whiplash has sent me more beautiful yarn and patterns than I could have imagined.  I am humbled and touched.  Thank you.

Let's get a closer look at the patterns.  They're really something special.

I've got the card with the Unicorns and poppies also on my cork-board so I can see it when work decides to stink.

While I've been stupidly sick and unhappy about it, I've been reading the books.  I haven't been able to knit because I've been grossly sick, so these books have been a life-line for me.  Thank you again. 

And if that wasn't generous enough, these were sent for me particularly!

Aren't they gorgeous?  I am so grateful and excited to use them!  I've been petting the pink when my fiber-withdrawal gets too tough to take. ;-)

So, I must thank you from the bottom of my heart.  These have helped me to be happy even when the cold swelled up my hands so I couldn't type or knit (although truthfully the knitting thing was more of a blow than the typing thing).  I am overwhelmed by your generosity, and I feel really blessed in the people I've met in this last year.

Thank you again!

2 comments:

  1. What a great parcel :)

    And how funny, because I came over to say a big thank you for my parcel from your giveaway, I'm excited to do my first colourwork, and thank you so much for the extra little goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful with those books. Overexposure to baby-cuteness pictures has been known to cause a desire to run for political office, just to be able to kiss babies while on the campaign trail. Or maybe that's just me. Glad you're enjoying the books, sorry to hear about the arthritis. I'll be sending sunshiny warm thought your way.

    ReplyDelete