Thursday, October 7, 2010

always document your infidelity well

I did get a little knitting done yesterday.  But I have to admit that it was mostly non-blog knitting.  If I put it up on the blog, does that make it blog knitting?  This is my theory and I'm sticking to it.

For starters, I fnished my birches shawl.  Here it is in it's pre-blocked glory
soft, wooly, and pretty
It's hard to get a sense of scale, but with 3 skeins, or 327 yards, I have a nice thick item that is slightly larger than the measurements set out as the shawl minimums.  It will block out nicely, and with this recent cold weather I am very much looking forward to having it for real.  There are unverified reports that I may already be wearing it off and on despite its unblocked state.

Speaking of knitting infidelity, I finished this for my  mother
she looks awesome in blue, this should be great on her
Yep, another great unblocked wonder.  This one is a Haruni (ravelry link) also available from knitpicks.  This is a free pattern by Emily Ross which uses my favorite public knitting pattern as it's main part.  She did wonderful things with it, and my mother likes lacey edges with fairly solid bodies in her shawls.

I will be blocking this one today, so she can have it on Friday.

And finally, some non-infidelity.  I know!  I'm as shocked as you are!
off the needles, the leaves stole.  next step, block!

And not off the needles, I finished the 5th repeat on this:
starting to take shape!
Now it's time to work out the transition to the edge.  Then I get to do it all over again for the other side!  FUN.

Anyway, have a great day.  I hope your knitting infidelity brings you joy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment