Thursday, March 31, 2011

Oh Noes!

So, guess who forgot that she'd be a single parent this week?

Yeah, I'm that kind of smart spelled I-D-I-O-T.

This week, my husband is in training.  Man night is not called off, and apparently they have social meet and greets after class.  In the next state over.  If I see my husband before he leaves for work it's a victory.  But if shorty stays up long enough to see him at night it's a total complete loss.  Think soul-crushing exhaustion and then add in pre-schooler reaction.... you have a little atomic bomb of misery just waiting to go off the first time little man is thwarted.

Woo-hoo?

So, in the afternoons/evenings instead of quality knitting time I get greeted with something like this:
I swear I did vacuum recently... just not today.
I'm sure you can guess who won this round....
Not bad for 4.
The rest of the week has involved knitting MORE sheep.  My husband apparently volunteered me to make little presents for friends he plans on visiting next week.  When I see him again, he will get his gifts and a few words about my time.  Loving words, but words nonetheless.

In recompense, I'm finally starting to knit this beauty.  Can't wait.....
I dyed this!
New pattern, new(ly dyed) yarn, and next week I will have a little time to myself.  Don't worry, I won't let it go to my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment