Thursday, August 25, 2011

Victory.... no wait.... Average! I'll take it!

So, being all gleeful in replacing the ball-winder of dubious distinction I was 100% set to declare Total Victory.

See, here's my victory shot:

With 12 oz teacup (2/3 full of tea) for size comparison.  That's 500 yds of Aran weight yarn in one ball.

I was happy dancing around, when I took a second look at my yarn receipt for the project I'm currently working on (as opposed to the Aran project which I'm only flirting with.  Cmon baby, I don't love the Aran the way I love the worsted already on the needles.   What kind of girl do you think I.... yeah, better not to finish that one.).

It said 4 skeins.  Uh-oh.  I looked at my notes and it said purchased 5.  Clearly one of them is wrong, and since Our Deb from the Woolery is awesome (and far better at math than myself) I have to conclude that I still can't count.

The inescapable reality is that knitting is my Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
Me & King Arthur... 1, 2, 5.  Indeed.

So, one complete victory plus one utter defeat means average.  Especially since it means my accidental casting on with Aran weight yarn is totally not infidelity!  I mean, since I have to drive out to pick up another skein anyway, I shouldn't waste the knitting time until I can leave, right?  Right?

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment