Monday, August 23, 2010

It Continues! The moving part deux

We only had myself, my husband and our oldest with us yesterday so no matter how much was packed and taken care of it was going to be a harder day all around. We were also on a time limit because my folks were watching our littlest and they're in the mid age range between Ann and Mollye.

We drove the 2 and 1/2 hours back down to the apartment on nothing but determination and coffee.

When we got there, nothing had been packed.

Again.

Mollye is diabetic, but not disabled. To be fair, she did only have 20 hours to pack, and I'd only made up 15 boxes for her before we left the night before.

Those 15 boxes sure came in handy when I packed up the kitchen while Mollye made and ate her breakfast.

My husband and our oldest tackled the quagmire that was the upstairs. When they got far enough to reach the walk in closet, they actually started exercising their four letter words. I'm known for my unladylike language, but my boys tend to be more temperate. So I went upstairs to see what was going on.

They'd found the closet was packed from top to bottom, front to back. Nobody could actually walk into it, even to unpack it. They put clothing with tags on it in sizes she hasn't worn in a decade into roughly 9 large sized garbage bags. And then they continued to unpack.

I won't get into the details, but suffice it to say that we filled another 14 foot truck from top to bottom and front to back with nothing but the things Mollye has been hoarding for the better part of my lifetime. While she complained off and on the entire time that we were being unfair in making her move.

On the only weekend we could get vacation time for, using the truck that we paid for, in the boxes that we paid for, while we did all the lifting. And packing.

Our home is only 2100 square feet, and built in 1852. Closet space is non-existant.

Ann says she will help Mollye with her hoarding. I sure hope so.

We rehomed and recycled and got rid of a lot of our things to make enough space for them to live with us. We just don't have room to store non-essentials. Say a prayer for all of us, we could use the good thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment