Friday, August 27, 2010

mmmm, camelspin

So, when I don't have the mental energy to keep track of a complicated pattern, I've been poking at my skeins of luxury yarn.  These singletons aren't enough to make a large shawl, but they're enough to wrap yourself in hedonism.  Mmmm, hedonism.

The yarn I wrote about for this shawlette is Handmaiden Camel Spin in Madder.  My camera refuses to capture the colors correctly.  The reds are actually burgundies, the tans are dark walnut browns.  Instead of early fall (which is what my poor camera captured), think late fall.  November browns with the mature reds that go with them. 

Not that I don't love what the camera shows, it's just not what it actually looks like.  Poot on a stick.  As always, you can click the little pictures to get a full sized one.




Anyway, you can see that this yarn colorway will pool.  I decided to knit it in simple leaves, which lets the colors pool into delightful late fall leaves.  I think the pooling works well with this pattern, rather than being a detraction.

Plus the yarn is heaven to knit.  Win-win all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment