Thursday, January 6, 2011

Shawl 11, Whisper. Finished

This is the shawl I started knitting when we got the last of the family related unhappy news.  I went to my simplest pattern in pure silk single spun yarn.  With everything that went on, this got far less blog-time than knit time.  I did mention it here, but shamefully didn't blog it much more than that.  On the other hand, I did have other important knitting that needed to get done (which you can see at that link as well), and which my Mom is mailing for me because the wrist slows me down... a lot.

Anyway, enough of my blah-blah-blah.  Time for pictures!

I may be biased, but I love the way these patterns work together.
top lace detail
how it drapes & looks on white.  Summer bride would be so pretty and comfy in this....
I even like it on deep black/red.
Knitting with silk single-spun is like nothing else.  The finished fabric of silk lace has a graceful drape that I've never seen any other fiber manage.  It is cooler than the wool/hair based yarns, but it holds just enough body warmth to make it feel like a perfectly smooth second skin.  So, in honor of the feel of this shawl, I name the finished object Whisper.

No comments:

Post a Comment