Sunday, November 14, 2010

better late than under the weather

Today, I had the distinct pleasure of giving my Dad his first Serious Scarf.  It ended up being a little bit bigger than he had asked for, but he was pleased enough with it to offer to model it outright.  I didn't even have to ask.

The photos are going to be a little off because I was on uneven ground, as was he, and the background is misleading due to the interesting architeture of the backyard vs the house there.  Plus it was waaaay too cold for me to want him outside long, even with the wool to wrap in.

This photo is a fair idea of how the simple pattern repeat looks overall
A little more red than real life, but not too bad color wise.
This shows the length.  It was way too cold to have him out without a jacket... or cardigan maybe....
But I think that this photo pretty well sums it up
In his chair in front of the bookshelf, menaced by my youngest.
My Mom calls it a half an afghan, and it is actually not a bad description.  It's for those times when you don't want a whole cover up, but you want a bit of extra snuggly warmth.  He seemed really pleased, and I'm already contemplating his next one in peacoat blue.

This would be the other thing that made taking pictures difficult.
I'd be mad, but he's cute.  He gets away with a lot for that grin.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow!  Tonight is the last night to enter the giveaway.  I unfortunately found out that I am stuck in training all morning every morning this week so the winners will be posted after I get home (around 3PM Eastern).  I apologize for the lag, but I know there's no way I can possibly get the post done before I drive to work, attend the training, and then drive back.  I work out of a home office right now, and sometime later I'll get into what I had to do in order to get the ability to do that.  But at the moment, I'm just sadly contemplating the lost knitting time.

Until tomorrow!

1 comment: