Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Whee!

Guess who is in the mail??
Little Bundles of Joy!
I wasn't able to get them out yesteday as planned, work interfered.  But they are in the mail as of 10 minutes ago, and on their way!  Graywolfie and TuttleDB, I have packages for you too.  Please let me know where I can send them :)

So, now what?  I've just finished binding off the Mary Mary Quite Contrary Shawl.  It's unblocked and... lovely. 
Bleah.  Man they look ugly before they block.
Here's a closeup of the unblocked edging
Poor ugly duckling.
If you can stand to stare at a pile of noodles, you can just see the lines it will take on once it's blocked.  Tomorrow, I'll block it and you'll see a difference.

Speaking of blocking, remember this guy?
Manos del Uruguay
Well, he's blocking out on the bed as I type.  I think he looks quite well, but I may be something of a biased observer.
See, cute?  Cute!  (knitter=biased)
I do have a secret project that I can't post here.  It's a gift, and I don't want to spoil the recipient's surprise.

I'm considering this as my next project
Mini Maiden in Ocean.  Not enough blue on this blog.
No matter what this skein turns into, it'll be gorgeous.  Can't beat Fleece Artist for beauty and fantastic fibers.

Based on the comments and feedback from our giveaway post, I've decided to coalate and put together my shawl patterns.  The comments were unanimous in favor of it, and I think it will be a fun thing to do.  So I'll be translating my notes, which look something like this (for the most part)
I'm sure there's math there somewhere
Into something readable by people who have better ordered minds.  Truthfully, not all of my patterns are that messy.  But this is the middle lace bit and side increases of Joie, as I used it.  Chilling, isn't it?  That other in pencil is the edging I put on Mary Mary.  I hope that folks will enjoy the patterns as much as I've been enjoying writing and knitting them.  I actually have a copy of Intwined Studio, so writing up the charts and written instructions will be much simpler than trying to get my graph paper scrawls into good order.

I'm going to be writing up the pattern for the Serious Scarf.  I'm thinking of offering that as a free pattern on the site to go with the triangle shawl.  A rectangle and a triangle, sounds good to me.

Anyway, thank you for reading and happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment